HOW CAN TFP HYDROGEN PRODUCTS HELP?
We are experts in the development of electrochemical materials and our specialist coatings can reduce the cost of green hydrogen production using PEM water electrolysers by increasing both stack efficiency and lifetime.
We offer a range of coatings designed specifically for PEM electrolyser components which both reduce and stabilise the internal resistances that (if not maintained at a low level) would lead to increased energy consumption over the systems operational lifetime.
The use of our proprietary coatings on these metal stack components significantly reduces their contact resistance and maintains this low contact resistance over 10,000s of hours, exhibiting an inherent ability to withstand oxidation, corrosion and hydriding which would usually reduce stack performance. We have extensive experience in this field, coating 10,000s of components to date which have cumulatively demonstrated 100,000s of hours of performance.
Our coatings also improve durability for the titanium components (including porous transport layers, PTLs) allowing our customers to operate at high energy efficiency over long time periods.
TFP Hydrogen Products has a range of capabilities as a supplier, with off-the-shelf formulations and a rapidly scalable coating process which enables the capacity to mass produce products. We have a highly experienced team of specialists in chemistry, electrochemistry, electrochemical engineering, materials science and analytical science who can specify the optimum coating formulation for your application. We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with our customers to develop coatings to suit their needs, whether this be in terms of durability, cost or efficiency.
THE KEY BENEFITS:
- High quality coatings enable operation at high energy efficiencies and increase component durability.
- Coated metal stack components have a low contact resistance which is maintained over 10,000s of hours.
- Coatings can be applied to a range of components including foils, porous media, plates and meshes.
- Our coatings also provide corrosion protection, minimising maintenance.
- Specialist coatings have an inherent ability to withstand oxidation and hydriding.
- Very competitive on price due to unique coating method.
- Coatings can be tailored to suit the system requirements.
- A development can be taken from laboratory concept to industrial scale manufacture. Our process is fully scalable to meet customer demand.
Ultimately, the key benefit to using TFP Hydrogen Products’ coating on components is a reduced cost of green hydrogen production over the operational lifetime of the PEM water electrolyser stack.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please get in touch.